Yes, you read it right.
EEMA welcomes Roshan Abbas as the new president in 2020.
Sanjay K Roy (Co-Founder and Managing Director, Teamwork Arts) who had been unanimously nominated and elected as the President of Event and Entertainment Management Association (EEMA) in 2018 is now replaced by Roshan Abbas, Managing Director, Geometry Encompass and Co-founder Kommune.
This is the biggest news for Indian events and experiential marketing ecosystem when the entire ecosystem of M.I.C.E (meetings-incentives-
The EEMA Elections 2020 witnessed a massive participation of 98.2 percent. Out of the total 169 votes, 166 members participated in the voting which was held on June 26th. All the 166 members followed an effective election process that was determined by Chief Election Commissioner – Hon’ble Lt. Gen. (Retd) Milan Lalitkumar Naidu, PVSM, AVSM, YSM and Election Committee – Hareesh Babu, Karan Singh Chettri, Nishit Shah and Taranbir Sahni.
This time Deloitte was commissioned by EEMA secretariat to determine an effective election process whereby voters could cast their ballot in total secrecy from any part in the world.
EEMA is an autonomous and non-profit registered body of companies, institutions, and professionals operating within the Events and Experiential Marketing industry of India. It is the first and the only body of its kind, which seeks to bring together the country’s leading Event Management, Sports Management, and Brand Activation companies, MICE and Wedding Planners, Experiential Marketers, Entertainment Professionals, Artist Management Companies and International counterparts on the same platform.
Expressing his thoughts over the elections to Everything Experiential, the EEMAs outgoing President Sanjay Roy said, “The challenge for the new EEMA leadership is enormous. The COVID Era and the uncertainty around health and business have impacted India and the world. Our colleagues will have to drive policy, negotiate benefits and work closely with central and state governments and continue to chart a path forward for our sector. It will be an honor to pass on the baton and look to the renewed dynamism of Team EEMA 2020. I wish them the very best.”
Roshan Abbas has added one more feather in his cap by getting elected as EEMA’s new president.
FYI, Roshan Abbas is the founder of Encompass (now Geometry Encompass) which was started by him in 1996, which grew from a creative event agency to an experiential marketing agency. He enjoyed a career as a successful TV host for shows many shows also been awarded as “Best TV Game Show Host’ for Family Fortunes in 2001. He is also a director and actor, known for movies like Always Kabhi Kabhi (2011) and Fire (1996).
To be a successful event manager, you have to enhance your productivity and for that smartphone apps are always at our disposal. If you have not checked out our handpicked list of top smartphone apps then have a look
Top 9 Essential Apps for event planners to increase productivity
Are you curious to know more about him, visit the official website, Roshan Abbas
Here’s a list of all the winners of EEMA Elections 2020
- NEC President – Roshan Abbas, Managing Director, Geometry Encompass
- NEC Executive Vice President – Samit Garg, Founder-Director, E-Factor Entertainment
- NEC General Secretary – Siddhartha Chaturvedi, Founder & CEO, Event Crafter
- NEC Secretary – Deepak Pawar, Managing Director, Midas Next
- NEC Treasurer – Major KJS Gurna, Director, Bellset Entertainment Pvt Ltd
- Vice President – North – Vijay Arora, Director, Touchwood Group
- Vice President – South – Martin Emmanuel, Managing Director, Razzmatazz Ventures
- Vice President – West – Aarti Mattoo, Founder, Momentum Events
- Joint Secretary – North – Prerana Saxena, Founder, Theme Weavers International
- Committee Member – I – North – Ruchin Kohli, Director, Occasion Xperts Pvt Ltd
- Committee Member – II – North – Jagmohan Singh, Director, TNBT Marketing Services
- Joint Secretary – South – DV Vinod Gopal, Director, Red Chariots Event Management, and Marketing Pvt.Ltd
- Committee Member – I – South – Venkateshwar AR, Founder, Avens Exposition Pvt ltd
- Committee Member – II – South – Sree Sailam, Director, Rise Advertising Private Limited
- Joint Secretary – West – Vinod Janardhan, Managing Director, Team Rustic
- Committee Member – I – West – Archannath Ramnath Gurtu, Director, Market Men – Consumer Connect & Events Pvt Limited
- Committee Member – II – West – Raghav Roy Kapoor, Director, Livewire Events & Promos
- Joint Secretary – East – Rishabh Bapna, Director, Cheery Tree Events
- Committee Member – I – East – Sanjay Bhandari, Director, Encore Events Pvt. Ltd
The Chief election commissioner also announced the Committee Member II (East) and Vice President (East) as vacant and instructed the New NEC-elect to decide the candidates for the positions through an appointment process.
To stay updated with the trending news and latest updates about the event industry. I prefer to stay connected with the top event management blogs and I believe you too should check out the top event planning blogs in 2020 that I have listed down
Top 15 Event Management Blogs Every Event Professionals Should Read in 2020
On behalf of the whole event industry, eventshala congratulates Roshan Abbas for a win close to a clean sweep and also wishes him a great year ahead as the EEMA president. May the Indian event industry achieve new heights in the leadership of the newly elected governing body of the Event and Entertainment Management Association.
Wiz Bunny is a creative wizard who is an Event Enthusiast and a Passionate Blogger. A Hustler who always finds a way to gets what he believes in. He loves to guide people who are willing to start their career in event management. Through his blog posts, he always tries to mentor aspiring event professionals to achieve their goals in life.
The information shared is really insightful. We all welcome Roshan Abbas as EEMA’s new president.
Thanks for the information, This article helped me to know the functionary bodies of EEMA.